which router

baldi 11:09 25 Oct 05

Please can anybody advise on which wireless router to get for a toshiba satellite laptop. I am currently using aol broadband with dsl connection

wee eddie 11:21 25 Oct 05

not got a spare USB or Ethernet Port

baldi 11:41 25 Oct 05

I have not yet got the router or laptop. I have ordered a toshiba satellite laptop but do not know which router to get to be able to use the laptop wirelessley with my current aol subscription. I know the laptop uses wireless 802.11b, 802.11g + network adapter

wee eddie 11:57 25 Oct 05

Finding out if AOL, which will support your current Router, are offering support on any wireless Routers.

I know that the cognoscenti will say that it's easy to set up, this or that system, but having a specialized helpline available makes the world of difference when you are doing something for the first time around.

martjc 09:50 31 Oct 05

...like most ISPs they will only support their own software/hardware. If you add a router [some of the best are Netgear, Linksys and Safecom] you support it yourself or with the help of the router makers' website support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…