Which Router

old-timer 15:50 12 Aug 04

Hi There..
Am currently on Cable and share the internet between two computers using ICS. However I am shortly to move house to a non cable area, and will be using ASDL Broadband.
I am looking for a router/modem to utilise both computers. Also I will require to share between both computers.
What router would you chaps recommend, and would it be easier to share printer using Router?, or via a network cable.
Any advice would be gratefully received.

I use a Belkin router with built in ADSL modem. This connects to my desktop via a normal networking cable. My laptop is fitted with a wireless network card. My printer and scanner are connected to the desktop via normal USB connections and the laptop accesses the printer and scanner via the wirelss connection to the router then down the cable. In my view it is better to have one computer hard wired to the router which saves the additional cost and potential problems of two computers with wireless connections. As they say "it works for me"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…