which to remove DVD or CD RW

Mo H 22:34 09 Jun 04

Having just bought new DVD RW i now have a monir dilemma - which should I remove to put in new DVD RW. The old DVD Drive or the CD RW Drive?

What do you suggest and please give reasons for me to ponder on?

Thanks in anticipation

PSF 22:43 09 Jun 04

I bought a DVD RW DL yesterday, I removed the CDR RW and left the DVD in. The main reason the DVD RW will do everything a CDR will do and more. The DVD will play CD's or DVD's, if you need clips of a DVD you can do it direct DVD-DVD.

THE TERMINATOR 22:47 09 Jun 04

taking it that the dvd RW is also cd R or even cd RW wouldn't it be best to change these two drives, then you will have two dvd drives one of them which records which will also record cd's too and both drives will plat cd's as well.
TT

Totally-braindead 22:57 09 Jun 04

If you don't have 2 hard drives then what I would suggest is Primary Master hard drive, Primary Slave DVD rom, Secondary Master and Slave as whatever you like but one as slave and one as master. Reason being, if you copy on the fly its better to have the 2 cd roms being used on different IDE cables, so if you're copying a DVD, copy from the DVD rom to the DVDRW, if you're copying a CD copy from the DVD rom to the CDRW. That way one is on the primary and one is on the secondary in both cases. Least ways thats what I'd do.

PSF 22:59 09 Jun 04

You will find most DVD RW will also double up as a CDR/RW, that is why I used the combination of DVD and DVD/RW/DL.

THE TERMINATOR 23:57 09 Jun 04

Thanks for that, I thought as much, but your thread wasn't there when I posted mine. TT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…