which ram ?

webb204 17:58 12 Apr 07

hi ,i,m shortly going to add another gig of ram to my pc(evesham solar gs pc advisor)its currently running 2 corsair xms2/6400,i was thinking of adding another 2 of these making a total of 2 gig ,i can get these for £67 ,or would it be better just adding a 1gig stick of the same memory,i have 4 slots in total,just wondering what the most viable option,or other ways to do this would be warmly recieved

The Kestrel 22:18 12 Apr 07

Go to Crucial click here and use the memory scanner to find the correct compatible RAM for your PC. Crucial are by far the best company supplying memory in terms of product and customer service.

Ashrich 22:33 12 Apr 07

Stay with Corsair and buy a matched pair , which is what you almost certainly have already , that way you have memory all of the same make and speed and will be running in dual channel mode , much faster than single channel .

Ashley

Ashrich 22:35 12 Apr 07

Sorry , should have said that to run dual channel you must have memory in the matched slots ( same colours ) adding a single stick will take you back to single mode .

Ashley

webb204 22:46 12 Apr 07

thanks guys ,i,m going to take the corsair route ,will i notice much difference with 2 gig?

Ashrich 21:38 14 Apr 07

You'll certainly notice a difference !!

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now