Which processor should I buy to replace my old one

Lenoire 17:50 11 Aug 05

Recently my PC wouldn't boot so I replced the processor and now it is working again. I have only borrowed the processor though and need to buy a permanent replacement. Does anyone have any ideas how essential it is to get exactly the same type? Its an AMD athlon 2200+ processor.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:02 11 Aug 05

What will your motherbard support?

Make and model will help us to help you.

If you don't know then Everest Home Edition click here will tell you all the details of what is fitted.

Diemmess 18:25 11 Aug 05

Like Fruit Bat /\0/\ said it is important to know what your motherboard will support.

Obviously it will support an AMD 2200, but in the way of things slightly faster processors are more likely to be available at a low price.

It is NOT essential to buy an exact replacement unless your mobo was stretching itself to support the 2200, and cannot take anything faster.

Whatever you choose, it won't make a huge difference in performance, its just a matter of knowing the limit and selecting the best bargain speed/price.

Lenoire 21:48 14 Aug 05

I have a sony vaio pcv rx402

I think the model number is:

Does that sound right? Will be fantastic if you can tell me which processor(s) I can use!

Completealias 01:25 15 Aug 05

As Fruitbat said download everest and run the program this will tell you what motherboard you have in the system then we can help find out what processors it will take.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…