Which printer driver?

SparkyJack 09:01 16 Jun 14

Having misplaced/lost the driver CD for Dell 1320c printer ,it should be easy to download the same. But no this is computering after all, the site lists many versions of the same ,which one is mine? No idea,nothing for it but to download and try one after another. So I did that,many did nothing. Then one elicited a response from the printer, it woke up the engine ran,then it went back to sleep. So any ideas on how to select the right one ? Dell1320c, direct USB connection to Win XP pro/sp3

john bunyan 09:09 16 Jun 14

I assume you have seen this?

Dell1320c drivers

SparkyJack 09:32 16 Jun 14

That's quick John, Ind that is what I have been working through, but ono more. Having read through the poost a vision of a CD cake box floated up before me, I rushed to the computer den feverishly went through the line of the Same and there it was in among all the discarded Winddoze software (see my earlier back to XP)

At 81 years young this situation could be more frequent .

Did you see Wallander on BBC4 Saturday by the way?

john bunyan 09:43 16 Jun 14

SparkyJack

Glad it is sorted... Missed Wallander - will use catch up on smart TV (I am only 77 so understand these things!!)

SparkyJack 19:15 16 Jun 14

Well now I am flommoxed

When I purchased the printer yin 2010 I had XP pro - the software/driver disk loaded and ran the printer as expected.

Today running the disk once more and all it would offer was Win 7 drivers.

Surely a CD that came in the box is immutable,---isnt it?

So back to the browser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple