Which printer to buy?

geek84 13:47 26 Feb 11

Hi Folks

I am thinking of buying a printer which, apart from printing documents, will also do photocopying.

Can you please recommend a reasonably priced, reliable make, printer to buy.

Also, would it be better to buy via a website, or a local retailer?

Thank You.

bremner 14:11 26 Feb 11

I have an HP which has served me well. This newer one is well recommended at a great price.

click here.

click here

Kevscar1 16:49 26 Feb 11

Had epsons for more years than I can remmber only problem was eventual old age.

sunnystaines 19:31 26 Feb 11

I have an HP which has served me well too

gengiscant 09:54 27 Feb 11

In the past I have used mainly Epson printers with out any problems. I recently got a good deal on a HP Officejet 6000a, it has been one problem after another with absolutely rubbish customer support. Lesson learned.

Pine Man 11:49 27 Feb 11

I have just bought an HP Deskjet 2050 from Robert Dyas. It cost me £29.99 and came with two black and one colour cartridges worth about £50!!

It scans, copies and prints perfectly and it is difficult to tell the difference between the printed documents from this one and my other (Canon) printer that cost about 5 times more.

Copies and scans very adequately indeed.

johndrew 11:54 27 Feb 11

Have you seen this click here=

Or you can get a 3 year warranty from Epson for a bit more click here

Amazon also sell it click here

Pine Man 16:30 27 Feb 11

It's getting crazy isn't it. When you run out of ink it's now cheaper to buy a new printer and throw the old one away!

johndrew 13:45 28 Feb 11

Sadly so - unless you buy the ink and fill your own cartridges. Must be something to do with the 'throw away' society.

I wonder how long it will be before cars join the list; with the price of fuel .......

wee eddie 15:37 28 Feb 11

To: "It appears to be cheaper to buy a new Printer."

Of course, it's not if you bare in mind that a new Printer contains 'Starter' Cartridges, not Full ones. Even if you buy your Inks in PCW, it is still marginally cheaper than replacing the Printer.

If you shop around, Printer Ink can be a 'comparatively' cheap commodity when measured on a, page by page, basis.

Pine Man 18:55 28 Feb 11

I bow to your, clearly, superior knowledge on this matter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…