Which printer?

Rabi 00:26 16 May 06

I have an option to purchase one of the following, mainly for PC work. but I need to be able to use for Mac occassionally:

CANON LBP-1120,

SAMSUNG 1710, both mono laser printers.

Also have the option of either of the follwoing:

SAMSUNG SCX 4100 ALL-IN-ONE, or

HP PSC 1513 ALL-IN- ONE.

Grateful for advice and comments, thank you all

€dstowe 06:26 16 May 06

I suggest the Samsung 1710. I have bought several of its predecessors for my studio and can't fault them. They are reliable and they work hard. They are also very cheap to run if you refill the cartridges.

Only buy an ALL-IN-ONE printer if you need all of its facilities. With it being able to do all those extra things, they are more technically complex so there is so much more to go wrong - and often it does.

Rabi 00:56 17 May 06

Thank you, €dstowe,

Advice noted. Can you tell me, however, if the
Samsung 1710 is Mac compatible?? Doesn't seem to say so on their web site, and I hear rumours that it was released as a "Mac" compatible printer, but Samsung removed the Drivers from their web site and stopped declaring/selling it as Mac compatible?

Anyone kow if it is Mac compatible??

Thanks

NewestRoyWidd 01:45 17 May 06

click here may want to read this from HP.

Rabi 09:23 17 May 06

Thanks, NewestRoyWidd,

The link doesn't work. Please re-post correct one,

Thanks!

NewestRoyWidd 11:35 17 May 06

My apologies,try this,and look on the left side of the page for Mac-compatible products. click here
I got the page by pasting the HP product in your original thread into Google.Hope this link works this time.

FatboySlim71 12:21 17 May 06

I would recommend Canon, I have had HP, Epson, and I find Canon the cheapest to run and the most reliable, I personally had a bad experiance with an HP printer as it broke down in two weeks, HP are expensive for ink cartridges as well as the vast majority of their ink cartridges have a printhead built into them.

I did find this information out when I had the brake down of my HP printer,

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…