Which photo printer to buy?

ripvan 11:42 10 Jun 08

My Epson photo830 has finally stopped printing it's magenta no matter how much I clean it.So I am looking for a replacement photo printer.I want a printer only not an all in one.It is mainly for occasional photos and document printing.Have seen the Canon IP6200d at a good price locally but it's not the cheapest for replacement inks and as with most printers gets mixed reviews.Has anyone used compatibles on this printer? Or what else is everyone using?
thanks

Ditch999 12:19 10 Jun 08

I have a Canon iP4200 (iP4500 is the new version about £60) and its brilliant.
The ink is in 5 separate tanks so its economical that way. It prints on CD/DVD as well.
I only buy original ink as you can get a set for £30 and I think the quality and lifespan is far better with them. Pence per page works out reasonable enough, about 35p for a 6x4 photo. You get what you pay for!

Technotiger 12:35 10 Jun 08

I use the Epson Stylus Photo R360 and get excellent photo results. You can also print photos direct from a camera/card without even having the PC switched on. I use Compatible inks from Choice Stationary, alternated by Original Inks usually via Amazon.

It also prints direct to DVD/CD. And has a multi-card reader built-in.

handful 12:39 10 Jun 08

Have a look at this for a good bit of advice. It is impartial but with a vested interest as well obviously. I use them for my ink and find them excellent and very competitive with their prices as well. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…