which photo printer

i have an epson 830 photo printer which produces excellent colour prints but the text quality is terrible.I have tried several types of paper with various printer settings all with the same result, the print (text)looks out of focus as though the ink has bled at the edges. Any ideas on a photo printer that will match the epson 830`s photo quality but will produce sharp text printing also. Thank you. Broz

Way1 22:45 09 Nov 03

Canon i865 or i965

Derek 08:35 10 Nov 03

It very much depends upon what you are able to spend. I'll tell you what I use to get the very best in text, publishing pictures DTP wise, photo production etc.
The printer is an HP 1220C and I use refilled carts at very very reasonable prices.
I can produce colour photos A4 size that would match any 35mm film quality at the press f a button. My scanner is a rather expensive one being a Canon 8000F and the camera is an old Minolta Dimage EX Mk 2.
I use Paintshop Pro 7 together with a free piece of brilliant software called Pictographics "iCorrect Entree 4.0" and use a final print piece of software, again free, by Easy jpeg Printer 1.71.
Where photograph production is concerned, wanting the best and reasonably speediest, then you have to be prepared to invest. Take you time and become a 'part-time' expert in what you want to achieve.
Come back if you require further information.

pj123 11:17 10 Nov 03

I have an Epson 830 and an Epson 915. You shouldn't be having a problem with text, it's perfect on my 830. It would suggest to me that there is something wrong with the black ink cartridge? The 915 is also excellent for colour photo's (borderless) and also has the added advantage that it takes most camera cards directly and has the facility for roll paper (if you can find any)

shifty 12:04 10 Nov 03

I would go for a replacement cartridge or at least try cleaning out the print head. Not sure if you can purchase proper cleaning cartridges for the 830?

pj123 13:06 10 Nov 03

Just checked with my suppliers and so far no-one has come up with a cleaning cartridge for chipped cartridges. Looks like do a few cleaning cycles or change the cartridge for a different make/supplier. Try a Choice Stationery cartridged from click here never had any problems with them at all.

Smiler 14:39 10 Nov 03

Try here

click here

and here

click here

Smiler 15:25 10 Nov 03

Here are the cleaning carts you ahve been looking for

click here

pj123 15:38 10 Nov 03

smiler, brilliant. All three links now in My Favourites.

Smiler 16:33 10 Nov 03

here's another thanks to woodchip from another thread

click here

pj123 17:14 10 Nov 03

smiler, thanks for the woodchip link but no 830 listed in there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…