//some 3rd party need geo

Which Photo Editing Program?

J B 11:14 23 Dec 05

This time of year my wallet looks worse thad a bent nine bob note, so I am looking for a free photo editing program. At present I am trying out the Adobe photoshop starter edition, but I have noticed a few others including, Irfanview 3.97, Picasa 2, FastStone image viewer 2.29.
I have read articles on Adobe in PCA, along with Picasa 2 and both are spoken of highly, however Picasa 2 I hear is a bit of a memory hog, as well as Adobe but to a lesser extent. The one that I am looking for is the one with the most features and easy to use, in other words more bang for your buck. By the way I would not discount a Microsoft offering when I am a little more flush with the readies. My OE is XP Home, Hp Pavilion laptop, Amd Athlon XP-3000+m 40gb HD. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks J.B.

GroupFC 11:33 23 Dec 05

I don't use any of those you mention but as well as Picasa and Irfanview, I have seen recommended here these click here and click here. You could also have a look at PhotoPlus 6.0 from click here

I think with these type of things it's a case of try them and see which one you get on with!

Good Luck!

hssutton 14:21 23 Dec 05

Top of the freeware tree as to be photofiltre, I don't use it a lot as I have PS CS2, but I do have it on my PC for when I want a quick fix click here don't go for the studio version as this is not freeware

woodchip 14:23 23 Dec 05
  Stuartli 15:56 23 Dec 05

Picassa2 is as good as anything you will get in freeware and is very intuitive to use - Irfanview is also remarkable, but you must also make sure you download the plug-ins. It even includes an MP3 player...:-)

For just resizing pix files there's the equally excellent PIXResizer from:

click here

J B 20:24 23 Dec 05

Thank you all for the advice, will try out one by one then choose which one suits best. J.B.

Wuggy 21:41 24 Dec 05

You can download a free version of Paint Shop Pro V.7 plus update patch from here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…