Which PCI DVB tuner for win mce???

tom_rodgers 11:29 14 Oct 06

Hi,

Just in the process of having a media centre pc built. Its high spec and im settled on everything except which tv card solution.

eventually i want dual tuners in there but was thinking of sticking one in to begin with to save a little money initially. The 2 cards i have looked at are

TwinhanDTV Ter (D+A)

and the Black gold

the main advantage i can see is the twinhan which doesnt say that its epg is internet or subscription based which black golds seems to be. This would be really annoying as i cant see why i should have to pay for an epg on my pc when its broadcast for free with the signal anyway!!!

if anyone has any input it'd be much appreciated

Stuartli 12:08 14 Oct 06

I have the Twinhan DTB-ter D+A - it has an excellent EPG setup and PVR features using the 3054 (model number) 2.64 Build software and BDA drivers from the Twinhan website (click here).

I paid more than £50 for it but it's now down to around £25 to £30.

tom_rodgers 13:40 14 Oct 06

Thanks stu... is the epg or this card internet reliant.. as in will it work without an internet connection if need be? is there any kind of subscription with this?

also i will be running first one of these cards... then possibly 2 in windows mce have you any experience of this? i have a media pc with its own remote and was hopeing that the card/s could be controlled using this one remote... any ideas?

thanks

tom

Stuartli 14:45 14 Oct 06

Not sure if the EPG updates via transmissions or the Internet (I have a permanent BB connection), but would suspect it is via Freeview transmissions.

I've never used two such cards together (although I do have both ShowShifter and the Twinhan software installed and use the former if I don't have Firefox or e-mail program open; the Twinhan TV panel can be set to be Top Most).

The Twinhan D+A card comes with its own fully functional remote control unit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…