which paid for internet security suite

pookie 00:28 04 Feb 06

hi

I have a friend who doesn't understand that free avg, adaware, zonealarm are fine as long as they are updated regularly. they think only paid for security can be good. therefore which would you recommend for virus/spyware/firewall out for zonealarm security suite, mcafee internet security, avg virus and firewall and norton 2006 internet security plus ghost??

many thanks

P

rupie 00:40 04 Feb 06

There is no correct anwser to this question and this forum will air it loves and hates of each manufacturer. All I can say is that free software costs someone somewhere and so it is all paid for. I have norton on 1 pc and AVC on another and they have not been effected by a virus. AVC throws up more blocking issues and alerts than Norton but is this down to price ?

Strawballs 00:41 04 Feb 06

I use McAfee on my main PC not as intrusive as Norton.

belt_and_braces 00:53 04 Feb 06

Norton internet security 2006 with ghost and go-back about £49 - £54

Also well worth it:
ad-aware - free
spybot - free
aol antispyware - free
microsoft antispyware [beta] - free

rdave13 01:15 04 Feb 06

If your friend needs a good antivirus program then I suggest Avast AV. Free to home users and once registered will update itself.

Just remember to re-register in twelve months.

A brilliant program highly recommended.

pookie 13:16 04 Feb 06

thanks guys

Belatucadrus 13:52 04 Feb 06

And if they want something that's as good as avast! home free and but will make that hole in the wallet that your friend wants, why not pay for avast! professional click here ?
Sunbelt Kerio click here
Sunbelt Counterspy click here

You could run the first two FOC if you wanted, but if peace of mind costs, they can do that too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…