Which One Should I Choose?

Square Box AV 21:44 12 Sep 11

I'm about to upgrade my pc. I've singled it down to 2 machines. One has the following specs:

Primary Drive: DVD+/-RW Processor Type: Intel Celeron E3400 Dual Core Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Processor Speed: 2.6ghz Features: USB Ports Memory (RAM): 4gb DDR3 Memory Hard Drive: 500gb Sata Hard Drive Motherboard : Asus P5G41C-M Graphics Card : Onboard Intel GMA4500 Graphics 1GB

The other has the following specs:

Primary Drive: DVD+/-RW Processor Type: AMD Athlon X2 250 Dual Core Processor Processor Speed: 3.0GHz - 3.4GHz Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium Features: USB Ports Operating System Memory (RAM): 4 GB
Chip Type: AMD Athlon X2 Hard Drive: 500 GB

The bottom one is basically £12 more than the top.

Any ideas which one would be best?

Thanks

OTT_B 22:46 12 Sep 11

Square Box AV

A brief tot up of the component prices of your first PC (with some filling on of blanks), and it comes in at around £240. The bottom option, not surprisingly, comes in at about £15 more.

They're both reasonable specs for the money, assuming you're not being quoted too much in excess of the prices I've given. My personal choice (without knowing more about the companies selling the PCs and prices charged) would be the AMD PC.

Square Box AV 22:56 12 Sep 11

Thank you. That was my personal choice too but it's just I approached one of our 'IT' guys today and he said to go for the top one??

My choice was the AMD due to it basically having a faster processor. The AMD one comes in at £270 (tower only) inc delivery.

OTT_B 23:12 12 Sep 11

It's not easy to compare amd and Intel processor speeds by looking at ghz numbers. performance benchmarks are really the only way to compare.

Quite honestly I don't think there's much between them, but I'd just give the amd pc the edge. That said and done, it does depend on what the built-in graphics are.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos