Which one Firefox or Microsoft ??

St.George55 13:37 21 Jan 07

Hi Guys after several days of checking websites and reading various forums, finally decided for a dell system ?? However when i receive the system which e-mail and internet system shall i chose firefox or microsoft

Any advice would be gratefully received

Keep up the good work guys

Diodorus Siculus 13:41 21 Jan 07

You will have Internet Explorer installed as default so that will be there anyway; use it to install all updates from MS.

Then install Firefox and give it a go - if you like it, you can stay with it; if not, ignore it and use IE.

Diodorus Siculus 13:42 21 Jan 07

Whatever internet browser you choose, give Thunderbird a shot for email rather than Outlook Express.

dms05 15:34 21 Jan 07

And don't forget Opera - an integrated browser and email client.

Mr Mistoffelees 15:43 21 Jan 07

Don't beat about the bush, get Opera.

spuds 16:47 21 Jan 07

Put all three on your system. They will not hurt your computer. There's always a chance that one or another may be needed at sometime.Plus you may find that you have a favourite out of one of the three, and may want to stick with that as your main browser.

Mr Mistoffelees 18:42 21 Jan 07

Thats the way I worked it. I tried several browsers before settling on Opera as the one that suits me.

St.George55 18:43 21 Jan 07

Opera never heard of that one

Is there a website to look at these

Cheers guys

mattyc_92 18:49 21 Jan 07

FireFox: click here
Netscape: click here
Opera: click here

I personally prefer FireFox, although you may not.... I suggest what others have suggested, i.e install all of them and test them all out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac