which one

liveD Backwards 17:24 20 Dec 03

although i have had a computer for a while, i have only recently discovered the joys of p2p file sharing.

my question is this, which client is the best to use, i have found winmx, kazaa lite, edonkey and shareaza, all seem much of a muchness but i cant decide which one is best.

any help would be appreciated.

hugh-265156 17:33 20 Dec 03

it wont be joy when you get a virus

stay away from them all.

mikef. 17:34 20 Dec 03

Quote from site policy

"'Cracks' or copyright infringement - we do not permit the posting of information that will enable other people to use pirated software or to evade the copyright laws. Please do not post serial numbers or CD keys, or links to sites that contain file-sharing software or such information."

Therefore do not expect any help with this enquiry at this forum.

The only advice I will give if you do go this way, for heavens sake make sure your anti virus is up to date

liveD Backwards 17:39 20 Dec 03

did i once say that i download copyright material - No

did i once say that i download cracks - NO

did i once ask for a link - NO

i simply asked which one is best from an operational perspective. As i have already stated, i am not new to computing and the internet, i have AV that checks for updates once an hour as well as a highly configured firewall.

Before people with an overblown sense of self importance start quoting site policy (its not even your site mikef) please read the post properly and do not take it that everyone that uses peer 2 peer is a spotty oik who is out to rip off the world!

leo49 17:44 20 Dec 03

Well done!

Nice to see I'm not the only one getting heartily sickened of the triggerhappy gleeful vigilanteeism which has pervaded the Forum.

Accuse first, hang second, and grudging apology[if you're lucky] a bad third seems to be the current modus operandi.

Djohn 17:47 20 Dec 03

liveD Backwards, sorry, I can't offer any advice on which is best, I don't use one myself. It's a shame really because P2P seems to be quite a useful program to have. [From the little I understand of it].

As you say you don't need to use it for the download of "Copyright" material. But the guy's are right in saying that they all seem to bring unwanted things with them.

Whichever one you choose, be careful and make sure you keep your anti-virus up to date. I'm sure you know, as a regular user of the forum their are many pitfalls for the unwary user.

Regards. j.

Jester2K II 17:50 20 Dec 03

... and this is a genuine question...

What examples of legal downloads can anyone give that they have done?

I know of people that use P2P and all they download is DVD Rips, CDs and Cracked Games etc Somewhere there is a legitimate use for this but what are these people looking for?

Non-copyrighted music? Which artists?

Free Games / Movies? Which ones? How do you know of them and why not get them from a website?

I genuinely would like to hear what people download on P2P without downloading copyrighted stuff....

Jester2K II 17:52 20 Dec 03

Essentially what i am asking it, if there IS free stuff out there that is legal to use and presumably you must know it exists in order to search for it, wouldn't it be safer to download from a website than anonymous P2P??

powerless 17:55 20 Dec 03

Note "File Sharing" Jester2K II.

Define a file.

Hey jester wanna see my new car rip up the road, my email is down at the moment so i'll share it on [pick your flavour]...

Jester2K II 17:59 20 Dec 03

So if you know someone you can send and recieve files in a simalar manner to MSN Messenger? I see....

powerless 18:03 20 Dec 03

Not everyone uses the same software.

[ i prefer Yahoo mess. ]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…