which office version

conrail 15:50 30 Apr 10

I keep reading about office 2003 and 2007, some magazines talk about them as though they are two different programs, please excuse my ignorance here, but are they? I have office XP, where does that come into the equasion?
for information I am running vista home premium 64bit but I used office xp on my last pc running xp home

Woolwell 16:23 30 Apr 10

Office XP is an older version of Office 2003 and Office 2007 with Office 2010 out in beta format.
2007 was a significant upgrade and introduced the ribbon interface which is why it may be talked about as 2 different programs. There are different versions of Office but all come with Word and Excel. Other versions include Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
OpenOffice is a free program that in many ways has the look and feel of Office XP and 2003 and is nearly as good as the MS version.

conrail 17:37 30 Apr 10

thanks Woolwell that has cleared things up for me, I have often seen magazine comments saying in 2003 you do this but in 2007 you do that instead so I thought I would ask to find out where xp fits in, I appreciate your help, again many thanks

Sea Urchin 19:23 30 Apr 10

Windows XP - known as Windows 2002

This link shows the history of all the versions

click here

conrail 21:04 30 Apr 10

I appreciate that Sea Urchin, it is a very interesting read. thanks for your reply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now