which notebook graphics card is better?

herc182 16:53 28 Jul 06

this one:

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 with 256 MB of TurboCache technology (64 MB of dedicated GDDR2 VRAM)

or

ATI Radeon X1300 up to 512MB HyperMemory graphics (128MB Dedicated)

i got the latter but when i bought it, it said it would come with the former!

thanks. Not sure whether to highlight the error or keep stum!

herc182 18:45 28 Jul 06

anyone? thanks! need to know if they did one over on me

Fingees 18:52 28 Jul 06

ATI one is better, as it has twice as much dedicated,
while being able to use the 512 hypermemory instead of only 256.

They are basically very much the same technology, its just expressed in different ways.

FelixTCat 19:06 28 Jul 06

Herc,

The difference is marginal and I doubt whether you would notice. nVidia is better at certain graphics processes (Open GL) and would run the game Doom 3 very slightly quicker. Both have some gaming capacity but neither will run modern games at full resolution with all the trimmings.

Both will run movies and normal programs well.

Provided it works, I doubt if it is worth making a fuss. What I would do is check on their website to see if the one you received should have been cheaper. I would also check the rest of the specification in case they have sent you completely the wrong laptop.

Regards,

Felix

herc182 19:08 28 Jul 06

thanks guys...didnt think it was worth making a fuss.
they have since changed the description on the website to include the graphics card they gave me.

will check the rest of the specs!

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…