Which new 19" Monitor should I get ?

Black_Star 21:25 24 Feb 07

New PC on the way, and I need to get a new monitor - I'm thinking of a 19" Widescreen and I have around £130 - £160 to spend.

I'm looking for the best build / picture quality I can find for that price - any suggestions ?

Also, any suggestions of which stores / websites are best to buy from would be appreciated.

Thanks

1887 21:29 24 Feb 07

I get all my stuff here m8

Great prices very helpful staff and always in stock

click here

Gaz W 21:34 24 Feb 07

I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but PC World (shock horror) actually have a good price on an LG L194WT - click here=

OK I work at PC World but that is a good price - for a long time we were selling it at the ripoff price of £199.99 so I expect it may go up again.

Specs of this are 2000:1 contrast ratio, 5ms response, 1440x900 resolution, DVI and D-Sub. Excellent quality. PC World also have some ripoffs though... AOC 19" widescreen at £179.99 is awful and you can see the difference between them in store.

If you do go for that, they will offer you PC Performance at £2 per month - a little tip - say no and they will offer the first month free so take that, get your monitor home and check it for dead pixels.... any problems and it goes straight back for a new one and it makes the sales person's day!

Gaz W 21:37 24 Feb 07

I forgot to mention you can cancel the PC Performance service before you pay anything for it lol.

SANTOS7 22:10 24 Feb 07

Had a quick look at your link 1887 if i had the money click here

IIYAMA does it for me...

Black_Star 22:10 24 Feb 07

Excellent advice Gaz - thanks

Any other models / retailer suggestions gratefully accepted

1887 22:19 24 Feb 07

If you wanted it m8 I could get it you at trade price :)

Downside is you`d have to come with me to coventry lol

Black_Star 22:19 24 Feb 07

Iiyama - not heard of them previously - are they a quality manufacturer ?

SANTOS7 22:22 24 Feb 07

iiyama is one of the world's leading manufacturers of colour monitors. Efficiency, performance, reliability and user comfort are all key to the development of iiyama products
click here

they don't come much better..

Totally-braindead 22:48 24 Feb 07

I find monitors to a certain degree a personal choice. By all means read the reviews that a good place to start but try if you can to see it running to see if you like its display.
Going to PC World is a good idea so you can see what the images look like before purchase.

1887 22:54 24 Feb 07

This shop has them all on display also m8 all wired up so you can see the picture quality. No ones on commission m8.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now