which netbook! HELP!

Less 17:12 26 Nov 08

I need a small netbook as i work abroad a lot. I need to have built in wireless that will allow me to connect to WPA-PSK as this is the connection in my office. Can you recmmend a netbook that will allow this kind of qwireless connection?

tullie 20:44 26 Nov 08

WPA is the security of your router not a connection.

ambra4 20:53 26 Nov 08

Netbook showdown: The top 10 mini laptops rated

click here

Take a read, as there are several factors to consider before parting with your hard-earned cash.

click here

Peter 00:22 27 Nov 08

The MSI Wind 100 should do what you want. It is also available at PC World and Currys as the re-badged Advent 4211, now with a 120 GB hard drive I believe, for £280. It comes with Windows XP and it is easy to upgrade the 1 GB of RAM to 2 GB for about £15.

Peter.

Less 12:37 27 Nov 08

I know that WPA is the setting of the router. However, my current computer (as it's quite old) will allow a connection to WEP but not to my workplace WPA PSK. That's why I need something that will connect to this workplace router. I intend to purchase a netbook as my computer as well as being old is too big and bulky to keep carrying around the world.

lisabailey 19:18 22 May 09

Another thing that I think really important is battery life - I was looking at the HP Compaq Mini 700 until I found out it's got an expected battery of about 2 - 3 hours! So now I'm going to get the Samsung NC10 (£300) as that's got about 7. Could upgrade for another £50 and get the NC110 with supposedly 9 hours but I'm not really bothered about that.

Someone pointed out to me though that most only have a vertical resolution of 600px... so if you're going to be working on the screen alot/want to see alot clearly, then try the NC20 - more expensive (around £380) but has an 800px vertical resolution.

I put my "research" into a Pick List on naturalbornshopper!

click here

Ex plorer 20:07 22 May 09

Just Bought my son the Samsung NC10, £299 Looks good works well usual size keys to a large laptop.
straight out of the box the numbers lock is Off, I think you have to press either Alt or Ctrl and F11 at the same time to switch them on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5