Which Netbook to buy?

ukpostcode 22:37 PM 20 Dec 11

I'm after a netbook costing around £250. Would prefer 2GB of RAM if possible & 250GB HDD. Need to be able to boot from a USB stick as i have Linux on one. And will be using it for wireless surfing around the house. Apart from above what are the best makes & models to go for etc.

Any makes to avoid? Any places to look at? And was hoping to get it in the after christmas sales?

sunnystaines 07:36 AM 21 Dec 11

i have a samsung 110 & very pleased with it, no idea on other makes

chub_tor 16:28 PM 21 Dec 11

I have yet to find a 10.1" netbook that comes with more than 1Gb as standard, many of us who have bought such models immediately upgrade them to 2Gb and change the Win7 Starter to Home Premium or similar.

But there are some 11" and 13.3" models for example these at Amazon which come with 2Gb or more.

iscanut2 10:21 AM 23 Dec 11

I did what chub_tor did, upgraded to 2Gb Ram and upgraded to Win 7 Home Premium and it works very well. I have a Samsung N250 Plus which I can recommend ( if still available ! )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…