Which NAS & disks.

Naomi1 11:48 06 Nov 10

I am looking for a NAS with two empty bays. Would like to buy the disks separate: 2 x 2 TB in Mirror.
Think of Green Caviars (5400RPM). Or is 7200 advisable; Black or Blue aviar, or Spinpoints F3 or F4?
The NAS will be used for backup and storage from 4 PC's, mainly documents and own made video's and foto's; I'm not interested in downloaded stuff and uploading streaming video. But it would be nice if I could watch my video's and foto's on my TV. I have a digital Satellite tuner (Rebox HD9000 PVR), which is connected to my network.

gengiscant 12:51 06 Nov 10

What sort of money are you going to be spending.
I had a Netgear Stora MS2000 Diskless 2 bay Home Network Storage. around £50. click here I couldn't get to grips with it at all. It was tricky to set up then then menus were a tad complicated.
I printed the user manual and it was as thick as a Harry potter book.
Getting my ipod touch to work with it was also a pain.

As I was only looking for network storage rather than streaming, it was a bit over the top for me.

But have a look and visit the forums at Netgear,more info to be found there.

Naomi1 13:22 06 Nov 10

Money is no issue, quality, reliability and userfriendliness are.

northumbria61 13:30 06 Nov 10

Take a look at the Synology product range - you may find something here - click here - you can select "Where to Buy" from that page to see prices.

gengiscant 16:46 06 Nov 10

Here are some that have been reviewed.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…