Which Motherboard?

I am going out to buy a new motherboard later on today, but with everything that's out there at the moment, I am a little confused as to what to go for.

I want a motherboard that will support a P4 2.4Ghz CPU,DDR Ram, on boarb LAN card and USB2, as a minimum, but anything else woulds be a bonus.

Based on this information I'd like to know which motherboard ,people reading this message would buy and why.

Psiman 07:41 19 Jan 03

Have a look at the EPoX 4T 4AU. On the plus side it has on board network, USB 2.0, lots of software options and I have always been impressed with EPoX build quality and reliability. On the downside, its not the cheapest of boards and you will need Rambus memory, also not cheap.

A couple of months ago I would have recommended ASUS, but I'm still smarting from a bad experience and I hate dipswitches.

Psiman 07:53 19 Jan 03

Sorry The Clock Watcher, forgot the link, too early in the morning... click here

s99Raj 08:08 19 Jan 03

Have a look at motherboards.org for example

refresh

clayton 11:22 19 Jan 03

Make sure you get a board that supports DDR memory click here

I've been having a look round, and I think I have seen the board that I want. It's the Gigabyte GA0-8INXP. Does anyone have one of these boards, or know anyone who has one and what is it like?

clayton 21:58 19 Jan 03
  Thin White Duke 22:16 19 Jan 03

Go for a Soyo MoBo.

I've been looking at the links above and they have some very useful information on them.
However I would still like to know if anyone has or knows someone who has a GA-8INXP mobo and what they think of it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…