Which monitors are good for my desktop

sconedd 15:13 03 Jan 12
Answered

I am looking for a decent monitor for setup. It has to be good quality for doing graphic/painting work. I am looking for a 32" model, whether LCD or Plasma. Your recommendations and advice would be most welcome. Thank you in advance.

KRONOS the First 15:29 03 Jan 12

What is your budget?

KRONOS the First 15:30 03 Jan 12
Answer

Yet again it posts with out any prompting.

I meant to add what graphics card have you?

sconedd 11:59 04 Jan 12

I Am sorry Chronus for not getting back to you, I have to go to hospital. Getting back to your answer I am sorry for not giving you my working system etc. I do not know my graphics card, I am still new to this computer, as it was built by someone in a computer shop. I am working off Windows 7 Enterprise? which I have never heard of, so I am naive as far as that. Sorry.

sconedd 12:01 04 Jan 12

I Am sorry Chronus for not getting back to you, I have to go to hospital. Getting back to your answer I am sorry for not giving you my working system etc. I do not know my graphics card, I am still new to this computer, as it was built by someone in a computer shop. I am working off Windows 7 Enterprise? which I have never heard of, so I am naive as far as that. The budget is about £300. Sorry once again

KRONOS the First 13:05 04 Jan 12

Download and install this:SIW. The freeware version is all you need,run it then on the left hand side about halfway down,under hardware,click on Video. The right side of the page will open up and if you look along the line PCI ID you will see at the end of the line your graphics card ID. Either a ATI series or a Nvidia. Please post with the info.

sconedd 15:03 04 Jan 12

Chronus, Thank you for being so patient with my question, I have managed to get some information I hopr this helps. Generic PnP Monitor- NVIDIA Ge6150SE nForce 430. I hope this helps.

KRONOS the First 15:39 04 Jan 12

You actually do not seem to have a decent graphics card but rather a slow integrated motherboard GPU with only a VGA connection as opposed to a DVI or HDMI which is preferable for todays monitors, which you do not really want in a reasonable desktop these days. I would be interested in the rest of your components. Motherboard,processor and RAM for example.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos