Which Mfr Brand of PCI Express Cards are best

Audio~~Chip 08:55 AM 06 Jan 12

Who would you say makes a good PCI Express Graphics Card ? I know there are Saphire probably the biggest name, Power colour, MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, but is one brand better than another. Or are they all the same at the end of the day with different coolers on?

northumbria61 11:25 AM 06 Jan 12

There are some reviews for you to read here enter link description here In my opinion they are all pretty much the same nowadays and probably all made in Thailand.

KRONOS the First 12:02 PM 06 Jan 12

They are certainly not all the same, in fact they can be the same model but still be different. Like most things in life you get what you pay for.In GPU's case quality of components,the quietness of the cooling,the effectiveness of the cooler, so that the fan will not reach full speed just because the the game you are playing is graphic intensive. Whether a card can be overclocked easily or if indeed there is any room for over-clocking.

There are many facets to consider if you are a gamer, particularly if you play the modern FPS'ers. I'm a Sapphire man myself but equally happy with XFX or Gigabyte it depends on what I am looking for,what each manufacturer is offering and to a lesser degree price.

northumbria61 13:18 PM 06 Jan 12

I was referring to Brands (Manufacturers) without going into the technicalities.

KRONOS the First 13:40 PM 06 Jan 12

My post was in response to the OP and am puzzled as to why you should think it was directed at you.

northumbria61 16:56 PM 06 Jan 12

Chronus - I didn't think that for one moment. I don't know enough about the technicalities of Graphics cards but the manufacturers that Audio~~Chip mentioned are all up there with the best - in my opinion.

I was pleased to see your contribution regarding the differences. I read most posts on here and I always value your input/solutions to problems. A mere misunderstanding quickly forgotten.

Audio~~Chip 19:44 PM 06 Jan 12

Thanks northumbria61 & Chronus !

I am on the right path then with picking out good brand, seems Sapphire have a big market and XFX close, Asus known for good motherboards seem to have less PCI Express card about nowadays.

Thanks to both of you, as long as the card has a decent Memclock etc carn't go far wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Toshiba dynaPad release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro 4 rival with Windows 10

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November