Which malware protection

jason.p 17:48 PM 13 May 11

Having recovered from a nasty little bit of malware (MS removal tool) I have downloaded a trial version of Mamutu as suggested on this forum (thanks Buteman!) which appears to be working OK. When this trial ends I will have to decide which anti malware to purchase. My present choices seem to be Mamutu or Malwarebytes (which I also run as the free version). I think Malwarebytes is cheaper than Mamutu, but has anyone got any recommendations based on experience of any of the anti malware options? Thanks.... Jason (apologies if this appears twice. It wouldn't go first time!)

birdface 18:06 PM 13 May 11

jason.p.

Downloaded it myself and it said a years registration but I only got to January next year. never mind it was free.

As far as I know MalwareBytes pro is a one off payment so may be your best bet.

I use Emisoft Anti Malware but you have to pay every year for that.

Mine runs out next month thats why I downloaded Mamutu while it was free.

Whatever one you are thinking of getting check for coupon codes for them and you can always pick them up cheaper.

birdface 19:08 PM 13 May 11

Hi Jason if you download Mamutu from that link that I had you should have got a the keycode for the full version.

Like I said mine only covers me to next January.

It gave you a month to activate the keycode.

jason.p 20:47 PM 13 May 11

Thanks Buteman. I followed your link, downloaded it (from CNET I think) and activated the code. This gave me 30 days trial of the full version which is about half way through. Sounds as if a "one-off" Malwarebytes may be my best bet. Thanks... Jason

birdface 21:02 PM 13 May 11

Must have done something wrong as it was supposed to give you a full year.Mine runs out next January.

Well like I said I think malwarebytes pro will work out the cheapest for you.

birdface 14:00 PM 14 May 11

Picked this up from another forum which may help.link text

Also this http://pro.de/aktion/chip/antilogger

birdface 14:03 PM 14 May 11

Translated

Sorry the link never came out on the other post.

That should help stop you picking up any nasties.

birdface 14:23 PM 15 May 11

Hi Jason.

I am not sure if that site is still active so best forgetting about it if you have not already downloaded it.

Nontek 15:16 PM 15 May 11

I use, and strongly recommend Malwarebytes Pro, excellent and worth every penny!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay