Which linux distribution?

Drazpaz 13:08 26 Jun 04

I have been using fedora core 1 for a while now. I am not an advanced user, so could anyone tell me of the best, easy to use linux distribution that I could use instead?

Thanks

CamPatUK 23:08 07 Jul 04

To be honest you should try fedora core 2 i have only been a linux user for about a year and i just upgraded to fedora 2 and it is sweet i tried mandrake 9,10 and fedora core 1 but fedora core 2 beats all hands down also look into debian it is supposed to have very easy package management.

LastChip 23:28 07 Jul 04

I haven't tried Fedora but have used Redhat in the past, however, I found Mandrake to be by far the simplest distro to install and self configure.

At the moment, I have both Mandrake 9.2 and 10.0 installed. But for ease of installation 9.2 was the better option. Redhat 9.0 is still on the machine, but I rarely use it, as I found it impossible to configure the update service from Redhat. Not impressed!

This is written in Mandrake 10.0/Mozilla Firefox.

CamPatUK 23:53 07 Jul 04

FC2 is by the same group as RH as i'm sure you are aware and the auto update is now auto configured you can quite easily initiate yum. mandrake 9.2 was better than 10 in my opinion too and in fact i would reccomend it if you have any isa cards cos setting those up in fc ain't a piece of cake in fact i gave in.
p.s. this was written in mozilla in FC2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…