Which level PC best for me

Gellie 15:45 30 Apr 05

Artist who scans work into PC, via MS Picture-it, using HP PCS 1350 to make greetings cards and I also produce own brochures. Current PC needs constant defrag etc, processor very slow, have new TFT screen and external backup drive. I also need MS Office Basic. Advice received from 2 PC stores has varied from 80Gb Intel 4 to the Evesham GT Wonder, no wonder I'm confused.

Taw® 16:15 30 Apr 05

Give the spec of your own computer and you may get some advice on upgrading. Aslo if it hass onl recently become sluggish may be you have some unwanted visitors on your system. Could be a clean install is called for. HDD you can never have too much so buy what you can afford.

oseven 16:58 30 Apr 05

Spend as much as you can afford on a computer recomended in PC Advisor.
Your requirements will change in the future and buying the besy now will probably cover all you needs for about two years.Then like most, I suspect, on this forum you will start to upgrade again.

Pooke100 17:59 30 Apr 05

That's the best rule, spend as much as you can afford. That's what I usually stick to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…