Which leads go.......

goll_y 15:18 07 Mar 04

Hi all,

Trying to record a radio programme onto the internet and then synching it to the PDA. I'm having problems connecting the radio to record on the computer. I've attached the lead out of the headphones section and am unsure where to plug it in (I think I've tried all slots) and what the recording levels and status should be.

I see to have a section at the back saying audio and then 3 slots and then 4 slots at the bottom (one I know is audio out which I've got plugged in so music comes out of the hi-fi from the computer and the other is the microphone).

Please help!

Diodorus Siculus 15:25 07 Mar 04

If you are recording over the internet, try a program like Audacity from audacity.sourceforge.net which will record whatever is being heard through the soundcard.

goll_y 15:27 07 Mar 04

not connecting over the internet I'm afraid

Diodorus Siculus 15:28 07 Mar 04

I'm not quite sure why you are connecting the radio to the PC. The cable will go to "line in" on your sound card; ensure that in the sound card properties, "line in" is not muted.

Diodorus Siculus 15:30 07 Mar 04

goll_y - sorry, there is some double posting going on here.

Are you trying to record from the radio, onto the PC?

goll_y 15:30 07 Mar 04

onto the PC from the radio

beeuuem 15:36 07 Mar 04

Usually this inputs are colour coded as click here and 'line-in' is normally the blue socket

goll_y 15:36 07 Mar 04

does it matter what the preffered device is for recording?

At the moment its on - SB Live Wave Device.

The other options are -

Modem #3 Line Record
Modem #3 Handset record
VIA AC97 Audio (Wave)

Also at the back it doesn't say line in anywhere does different colours (red is record, green is line out) anyone know what line in is?

Diodorus Siculus 15:39 07 Mar 04

Use the current record device.

As beeuuem says, try the blue socket for line in. Otherwise, go to the manufacturer site for the soundcard and get a manual if you don't have one.

goll_y 15:42 07 Mar 04

its recording but its coming out really muffled and sounds really distorted

beeuuem 16:21 07 Mar 04

It sounds (!) as if the recording level is too high. click here Which programme are you using to record?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…