Which LCD TV

pj1664 17:32 23 Dec 07

Hi guys, I know its not entirely a pc Q but I looking at buying a LCD tv in the sale very soon and was wondering if I could get some help. I need a pretty decent make for A max price of 700.00GBP 42-47inch screen and must be able to connect to my laptop and my ps3. What is 1080P I see on some TVs. Thanks.

anskyber 17:35 23 Dec 07

Have good look around here, click here it will answer your technical questions and help with a choice.

pj1664 17:37 23 Dec 07

Thanks anskyber, I will look into it.

FatboySlim71 23:02 23 Dec 07

Below is a link to a review I wrote on my Panasonic TX-32LXD700 LCD HD TV. The Panasonic TX-32LXD700 may just be in your price range.

You can use the Panasonic TX-32LXD700 has a monitor screen for a PC so I would expect it to work with your laptop.

Also the Panasonic TX-32LXD700 works brilliantly with the PS3 has I have one connected to mine via an HDMI cable, the graphics are fantastic in HD, I have also watched some Blu Ray high definition video and the detail is breathtaking.

Admittedly the Panasonic TX-32LXD700 isn't the cheapest LCD TV around but it is one of the best LCD TV's around at this present time and has won many reviews.

click here

FatboySlim71 23:15 23 Dec 07

Regarding "What is 1080P" the 1080 means the amount of lines that the picture is made up of, to get an idea of how sharp the picture will be, a DVD film is made up of approximately 520 lines, so a high definition video that was 1080P would have more than double the lines of picture information on screen and this would result in a MUCH SHARPER picture. Below is a link that explains in more detail about 1080P.

click here

Ballie 23:51 23 Dec 07

I just bought two Hannspree lcd tv's 32" @ £299 and 37" @ £369 comes with 2 x hdmi. take a look at ebyer or intekx

LastChip 02:29 24 Dec 07

Just bought this click here and it's a superb picture. It will connect to your laptop but not certain about a ps3, as I don't have one. Take a look at the specification to make sure.

You may need to make a prompt decision though, as at the time of writing there was only 24 left.

Highly recommended.

LastChip 16:22 25 Dec 07

My son plugged in his ps2 today and it worked just fine, so I guess a ps3 would work well too.

The more I watch this TV, the happier I am.

Built in Freeview (digital tuner) so it's ready for the great turn on in the future. Even though we have weak signals at the moment in our area, those stations that work well, create a superb picture.

I don't have a High Definition source, but one reviewer on ebuyer does, and reckons it's great.

As regards 1080p v 1080i, click here for a good article that explains the differences. My own view is it is not worth paying the premium for a 1080p TV at the moment, as there are virtually no content sources available at present.

I don't expect a LCT TV to have the same life expectancy of the old CRT sets and therefore, by the time I,m ready to change this screen, the price almost inevitably will have dropped and sources become available. Something for the future I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…