Which laptop should i get?

GarethPendry 15:12 05 Nov 08

I am an HND photography student and I am really stumped on what laptop I need and what requirments whould be best suited.
I need it to be able to run photoshop very smoothly and to hold a lot of photos. I will also likely use it for storing my music and playing the odd game...
but i am COMPLETELY new to all this and have no idea where to start.
my price range is up to £600 but i dont know if ill need to spend that much...

THANKS
Gareth. P

sunnystaines 18:28 05 Nov 08

some laptops have poor displays go into the likes of pcworld, sony centre, comet and find one you like then shop for best price.

wee eddie 20:40 05 Nov 08

For your Photography, a Laptop may not be the best solution, at best it will be a compromise.

Forum Editor 23:05 05 Nov 08

that will suit your budget and at the same time fulfil your needs.

Photo storage is simply a question of space, and if you run out of hard drive you can get hold of USB memory sticks very cheaply - file storage isn't going to be a problem.

If you're manipulating large image files in Photoshop you're going to need as much RAM as you can get, and this is the one area where a laptop can struggle to compete with a desktop machine. At your price point you'll find you have a wide choice of excellent machines, most of which will have 3Gb of RAM and a 250GB hard drive.

Take a look at this:
click here=

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…