Which laptop shall I buy

johnpalmer 07:34 21 Jun 05

I need a desktop replacement laptop for my office.

I have a budget of circa £1,000

I am currently considering the new evesham C510 with 15" screnn and Sonoma processor, or the slightly larger Mesh Turion 64 (AMD)with 17" widescreen and full size desktop keyboard.

Anybody have any suggestions or alternatives.

I want the biggest BANG !! for the money.

Thanks

matt1234 14:09 21 Jun 05

ok the mesh doesnt have a full size keyboard you have to press Fn and then half of the keyboard becoems the numpad. i recommend the evesham as i have the voager version about a year old and its never failed me once.

clayton 16:37 21 Jun 05

Have a look here click here

also click here

click here

Dont know why you would need to spend £1000 on an office laptop though.

johnpalmer 22:33 21 Jun 05

Thanks to matt1234 and clayton for the suggestions.

The computer will not just be for "office work", it is just that I don't have room at my workplace for a full size desktop PC, but I do need the capability of one.

I will have a closer look at the suggested Acer 9100 series, which does look impressive, but I have discounted Dell, because I dont like their marketing tactics.

I regularly receive promotional e-mails from them, but their advertised prices always seem to rocket dramatically after adding all the spec necessary to compete with similar laptops, making them, in my view, expensive.

I still think the Mesh has a seperate numerical keypad. Their sales staff say so, as does their web site. If not, it is off the list.

Have the manufacturers cured the reported overheating problems with some of the processors, and do any of my short list suffer with such problems

woodchip 22:46 21 Jun 05

Take a Look hear Good company click here

450223 14:47 22 Jun 05

Acer has my vote I use a 290 Lci & a 292LMi no problems.... have had problems with Fujitsu-Siemens in the past!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…