Which laptop- Dell Latitude or Acer?

bitstream 10:40 07 Jun 04

My partner needs a reliable, robust, well-supported laptop. I've narrowed it down tdo Dell Latitude or Acer. She needs: a 15"screen mostly for text and Powerpoint work, and the ability to whatch the occasional DVD. Dell seems 'safer' but Acer apparently offer better value. Ay thoughts anybody?

Chronos 11:50 07 Jun 04

well, if Dell are good enough to be on the desks of the BBC on the six o'clock news, and in every room at the new princess royal hospital, even if they did get them cut price, and my Dell Inspiron is ace, then there you have it.

ste_bla 11:57 07 Jun 04

acer have very good hard drive rebuild software can reinstall xp in 45mins and you need do thing but sit there! warranty is 1 year international, i didn't need it except when dropped it and broke HDD but they still replaced it while was in NZ!!

I would have thought Acer would have been just as safe as they are an international company with a good history and they mainly do laptops with ocassional flat screens and desktops.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…