//some 3rd party need geo

which laptop to buy,tiny,watford,or dell

bibo1465 12:28 05 Apr 05

hi everyone

Please i need your help. I want to buy laptop,use it for(encoding movies,games,and watching dvd etc..)

I am confused between (tiny,watford or Dell).

Can you please tell me in term of customer services,technical support after sales,reliability.

Which laptop to choose.
Tiny looks cheaper than other.but i think watford is better than (tiny).

which laptop do you recommend me to buy,in term of(encoding movies,games,and watching dvd)and Battery life,example : at least 2 hours heavy usage.

I hope to hear from you soon.

My kindest regards
bibo

TomJerry 12:46 05 Apr 05

as for customer service, all web-based companies are similar, but I would think Dell is better, Tiny is very good value for money, but customer service is not the strong point.

for you requirement, you need to go for the Top of the range.

Eversham and Rock, both have very good top of the range Laptop for your requirement and their services are definitely better than Tiny (I was told).

If your money is tight for Eversham and Rock, give AJP a try. They have great laptops. I used two AJPs and they are still going after 6 years.

Starfox 12:54 05 Apr 05

Always had excellent service from Savastore(Watford)so I can recommend them.

You are going to need a fairly powerful machine for your intended uses so take a look at this one click here it should do all you require.

If you want more choices click here

matt1234 13:48 05 Apr 05

****DONT EVEN GO NEAR TINY****

but all the others are well know offer good service!!!

Magik ®© 14:07 05 Apr 05

I have two Rocks laptops and 1 Dell, all 3 have been no trouble at all, and the Rock laptops have a warranty for 3 years..

Starfox 14:22 05 Apr 05

If I am not mistaken didn't you post a thread recently about Carrera where you lost out with the warranty or something.Makes you cautious doesn't it?

Tiny like carrera have gone bust before so maybe you should take that into account,I know it is now a different company but so was Carrera.

bibo1465 20:22 05 Apr 05

Starfox:
you are right,i wrote a thread before about carrera,but not recently.I like my pc , i would buy from carrera(watford) again.But i don't like the hardware technical support,because i had problem with my pc,and i had to wait 3 weeks for the engineer to come to my home.the engineer is coming tommorow.

I am going to call : ehelp4u.co.uk
to signup for the hardware technical support:150 pounds per years.i called them today, they said to me if something happened to my pc the engineer will come to my home the next days,or sometimes the same days.

Again thank you all for all your reply.

My kindest regards
bibo

Total Care Support 11:28 14 Apr 05

Hi Starfox

I cant deny that the company that owned the brand name Tiny did go into recievership when O.T Computers went under.

And with all that has happened with SCS over the years I can understand people being cautious. I could rant and rave about us being a different company and things like ring fencing and insurance etc. But it then would be come a long slaes like pitch of the company.

Instead what I would suggest to any one no matter whether they are considering buying from us, or any other company if you are concerned about this issue. make your purchase via either a finance agreement or a credit card as both of these would be governed under Section 75 of the Credit agreement act (equal liablity) this holds those companies jointly liable for warranties, support packages ect should something happen to the company you bought from.

Following on from Tempo's demise all those years ago the govenment did change alot of the regs governing the sale of electical goods inc computers and support packages and warranties on them, a fresh revision with guidelines from April 2005 and coming into force as of April 2006 (one little bit of trumpet blowing) prior to the Guidelines coming into place Granville was already going beyond these.

I am glad to hear that bibo has found a company and system that meets what he wants.

Best regards

Daniel Warren

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…