which laptop is better?

7 00:15 26 Nov 04

I am planning to buy laptop and confused with brand sony vaio or dell or IBM.i am planning to put approx 1700 GBP. and i have checked on sony and dell site ....

1) sony series A297XP is 1700GBP on click here and similar but not exactly same i have dell Inspiron 9100 after customizing the same as sony ( apart from Intel centrino it has P4 3.4MHz) it is costing me 1961GBP. kindly suugest me which company is best in regard to performance and compatibility.

2)Also how can I save VAT as in that case iwill be saving aprox 363GBP on either of laptops.

i am will be leaving this country soon for few days......
Eagerly waiting for reply...thank u

7 00:48 26 Nov 04

any comment will be appreciated...

TomJerry 02:09 26 Nov 04

All good companies and good product.

You be better off to get a laptop with Internattional Warrenty. Toshiba does this, may be Sony as well.

You need to claim VAT refund in Custom in airport, but you need to get a form (or something similar) when you buy stuff. Many shops (especially high street ones) offer this service, but I am not sure if any on-line shop offer this, better to phone them to find out.

mrgrimsdale 02:16 26 Nov 04

The Acer 124 WLMi ... superb performance ... poor battery life ... but only £890 ... ideal as a desktop replacement.

mrgrimsdale 02:20 26 Nov 04

That's the 1624 WLMi ... 3400+ processor, widescreen 1280 x 800, nVidia 5700go graphics, DL DVD+- integrated, 60Gb HDD.

mrgrimsdale 02:21 26 Nov 04

ITS THE 1524 WLMi ... and it's a 64-bit 3400+ processor ... full of cold at the moment ... please excuse me.

anchor 10:14 26 Nov 04

If you are a British citizen and only leaving the country for a few days as you say, and/or travelling to the EU, I doubt you could reclaim the VAT. A call the customs & excise would clarify the position.

Have a look at the Toshiba Tecra M2 recommended by PCA. Toshiba have a good international warranty, and are excellent in posting updated drivers on their site.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…