Which Laptop

johnincrete 04:56 04 Apr 11

I want to buy a laptop that will be used mostly for creating documents in Word but with some internet browsing, mainly newspapers & BBC radio. It will be additional to my desktop on which I do my "heavy duty" stuff like video editing & DTP. Thus, I want something very basic with a reasonable keyboard (although I might well connect a spare "normal" keyboard sometimnes) & the built-in ability to connect to wireless internet.
I want a laptop because I expect to be doing lots of writing sitting on my sunny balcony enjoying views of the White Mountains or overlooking the beautiful blue sea i.e. away from my desktop in the office.
Inevitably, I want the cheapest I can get that is reliable. No need for massive disks or a screen capable of playing HD movies (I've got a TV for that!) No need to be extra light or sturdy as I won't be doing much travelling. No games playing. I'll be buying in UK because "English" Windows here in Greece has lots of Greek tendencies!
Any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…