which laptop

steve stifler 22:19 21 Jan 10

looking at these two,similar price.which is better or can someone suggest alternatives for similar price.
Surfing net,dvd work,office etc.
click here
click here

steve stifler 20:51 23 Jan 10

anyone?gonna order tonight hopefully.

JohnWilliams 21:28 23 Jan 10

I'd go with the Acer.

Woolwell 23:50 23 Jan 10

To contradict John Williams I wouldn't choose the Acer. The Zoostorm has a better processor.
What's your budget?

Woolwell 23:59 23 Jan 10

Actually I'm not sure that I would choose either. Have a look at Dell, Toshiba or an Acer with similar processor to the Zoostorm.

JohnWilliams 06:08 24 Jan 10

I was going on the fact that the Acer had more ram, bigger hard drive and slightly bigger screen. The difference in cpu speed will not be noticeable.

golfpro 06:26 24 Jan 10

The Acer does not have a built-in web cam or mic, so if you do a lot with Skype for instance that would be a big draw back.

JohnWilliams 08:08 24 Jan 10

He could purchase a standalone webcam if needed and it would be much better quality than a built in one.

steve stifler 08:42 24 Jan 10

Thanks for replies,more info my budget is £400,ive already got a Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000,The acer has ddr3 would that be better feature than the processor improvement on the zoostorm?
as you can see i chickened out ordering last night.

JohnWilliams 14:01 24 Jan 10

Yes it would. It is faster ram.

Woolwell 17:02 24 Jan 10

I think you'l find that e-buyer have got the ram specs wrong. According to Acer and Tesco it is DDR2 plus click here
I would check this out first. If you want the Acer then John Lewis have it for the same price with a bigger warranty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac