which laptop?

mart744 21:00 07 Oct 06

Hello, due to us having a baby i no longer have room for my pc, so ive got to get a laptop to save space. The trouble is i dont know much about pc`s and even less about laptops!!
Ive only got around £500 to spend, but id like a pretty decent one that i can play games on and surf the net. any recomendations??

postie24 21:17 07 Oct 06

hi there,check out laptops made by acer.i have had 2 for 2 years with no probs at all

postie24 21:19 07 Oct 06

have a look at this one click here

sean-278262 14:50 09 Oct 06

Dont forget you can sell your PC. That might add a few pounds to your budget unless earmarked for the baby.

+1 on the acer however as I have one myself and it is pretty nice.

You never said what you use the computer for but if just the internet and some typing then just about anything will do you.

click here
However this will cope on many games but dont expect the world in more recent titles plus at a similar price it is better spec'd.

Hope that helps and I have purchased from the above linked site and rate them well. Also the link may not open the page you want but the machine is an acer aspire 5101 (model no. LX.ABH0J)

josie mayhem 21:59 11 Oct 06

If you want to play games avoid the celeron processor, this also goes if you want to do any video editing....

Strawballs 22:55 11 Oct 06
  EARLR 10:17 13 Oct 06

Targa make great laptops, great service; 3 year pick up and return warranty.
I have 2.
They are a little over your budget but You could always sell your desktop as suggested.
Good Luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac