which kind of memory do i need?

mozilla 09:08 29 Jan 05

Hi, i need to buy more memory for my desktop pc, preferably 512mb but i do not know how to find which kind my pc will accept, how can i find this out?

Hetti 09:11 29 Jan 05

Try crucial, it also runs a test on your PC to make sure you get the right one

Hetti 09:12 29 Jan 05

Sorry address is click here

georgemac © 09:55 29 Jan 05

click here download and install Everest Home edition - it will identify your motherboard and the type of memory modules you already have fitted

the new memory will be better if it is exactly the same type

mozilla 11:47 29 Jan 05

many thanks georgemac...Everest Home Edition is a great tool, i used Belarc Advisor before but it's not as detailed as Everest!!
New problem:
I've realised one of my memory DIMM slots will not accept any memory, maybe it's damaged, if i use the second DIMM slot the bootup process just hangs and makes a beeping noise! I use memory intensive graphic applications all the time, such as Photoshop and 3D Studio Max, usually both at the same time. I've only one memory slot that is working with a single 512mb, can i somehow get more memory?...i've got 180GB hard disk space...can i utilise this?

Many thanks once again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…