Which ISP provider? Advice please

Effie 11:54 20 May 04

This is on behalf of a friend who would like to try 24/7 unmetered dialup.

She has a BT line and lives in an area which doesn't get NTL. Any advice on which ISP Forum members would advise to try out would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Graham ® 12:02 20 May 04

Award winning ISPs click here

However, it may be difficult to 'try' unmetered as most will require a 12 month contract.

Effie 17:46 20 May 04

Thanks Graham. Unfortunately my friend doesnt live in the Telewest catchment area at it looks to have been the best of the choices shown in your link.

Anyone know of any other ISP providers who are good ( dont mind if its on a 12 month contract!) who are worth looking at?

Old Shep 17:51 20 May 04

I have been with Freeserve (Wanadoo) since 1996. Some people slag them off but I have never had problems with them. Have got Freesreve Anytime £14.99 per month.

Publisher 17:52 20 May 04

Force9 is great, unmetered access, choose your package, the 9.99 one might be OK for her.

Go to force9.co.uk

DRiM

Graham ® 17:55 20 May 04
  Gaz 25 17:56 20 May 04

Zen: click here

Supanet click here

bremner 17:56 20 May 04

You had me worried there.

Graham ® 17:57 20 May 04

Sorry, that re-directed to Top Letter. Oh hum.

Effie 19:39 20 May 04

Some of these look quite interesting so I will pass on your suggestions to my friend.

Will have to checkout which ones use an 0845 access number as this could bump up the overall cost to more than she could afford given that she's planning to use it quite a lot.

Anyone know of any other ISP's who defintely use an 0800 access number? Thanks for all your advice so far

TommyRed 21:27 20 May 04

When I was on dial-up I used Tesco Anytime 24/7 no restrictions for £12.49 month with 30 days notice I think. Never had a problem other than the very rare occasion the server was down, but most ISP's have that from what I can gather. Got a cd-rom from instore with all the set-up info on. HTH TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…