Which ISP for Broadband?

I am currently with AOL but would like to know from people which is the best ISP for broadband
i.e reliability, cost, speed and tech ability.
As I am near the end of my contract with aol and would like to try something different?

Djohn 16:35 14 Nov 03

I'm with AOL Broadband at the moment but will be transferring to "Zen" ISP in the next few days. if you contact your new ISP they will do a migration for you, this way you are only off-line for about 10 to 20 minutes while the swap-over takes place. have a look at these two links, one for "Zen" and one to compare ISP's. click here click here

pj123 16:42 14 Nov 03

You could also try click here

The GnoMe 16:46 14 Nov 03

click here

for force9 i have been using them for over a year now and had no problems at all with them

they have a private forum where you can get help/advice one on one with their staff. FREE

anchor 16:50 14 Nov 03

If you look at this list

click here

you will see that Pipex price for 512Mb is amongst the lowest available. As regards reliability and speed, I can say that in the 20 months I have been with them there have only been 2 breaks in service, and these only lasted less than an hour. Speed is fine, and from what I read, as good as you are ever likely to get.

click here

I cannot comment upon the down-time, if you were to change over to them.

Pesala 18:01 14 Nov 03

Only £19.95 a month for 512K instead of £17.49 for 150K - I think I shall be changing next time I move. Do you need a telephone already installed with ADSL?

jbaker65 18:24 14 Nov 03

Hi, I'm with V21 at £19.95 a month for 512kb. I'm satisfied.

R4 18:41 14 Nov 03

Pipex is good and reasonably priced.

hugh-265156 18:45 14 Nov 03

ntl 600k £24.99 free install modem.

no problems in 14mths..well my phone and tv was off last week for an hour or so but my internet still worked.

anchor 12:20 15 Nov 03

For £17.57, including Vat, Pipex supply the necessary modem and 2 micro filters, and pay the BT ADSL activation cost.

In other words, that is the total price you pay to get going. Thereafter, about £23.50/month, (including Vat).

Pesala 12:29 15 Nov 03

What if there is no phone line installed? Presumably, I would have to pay BT £75 to install a phone line. If so, that makes NTL look cheaper, though I am thinking that I do need a landline anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…