Which ISP

Daveym 17:51 06 Feb 03

I am about to take the plunge and have Broadband installed but I was surprised to see the amount of providers. Literally dozens. As you generally have to sign up for a 12 month contract does anyone know who is the most reliable supplier. However, as they mostly use BT's line anyway, does the ISP depend largely on the BT service so consequently should I just use BT Broadband and forget the rest.

Cheers Daveym

anchor 19:20 06 Feb 03

Yes, there are lots of broadband ISP`s, which as you say, use the BT exchange and line. However, this does not mean that you should use BT broadband. Other ISP`s offer excellent service, and at lower cost than BT.

I recommend Pipex; why?, I have been with them now for about 11 months, and find them very good. They have an excellent promotional offer at the moment that you should consider.

click here

For only £23.44, you get you BT line activated, plus, a free ADSL external modem, and 2 microfilters. Their subsequent subscription price is £23.44/month; which is less than BT. These prices include VAT.

As I recall, the initial contract is for 12 months, but you can buy yourself out of it for about £50 or so.

Daveym 11:37 08 Feb 03

Thanks Anchor. I checked out the site and it seems a good offer. The best so far. Thanks again.

Daveym

SDJ 11:43 08 Feb 03

YES YES YES PIPEX is fantastic, I started using it before Christmas and its been very very good.

AndySD 11:55 08 Feb 03

Have a look at Nildram click here

Daveym 11:57 08 Feb 03

Thanks guys. I will take the plunge and give them a call.

Daveym

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…