Which ISP

old-timer 11:53 26 Jul 04

I am currently on cable broadband, but will shortly be moving to a non-cable area. I understand that broadband is available, but am unsure which ISP to go with.
I am considering TISCALI or BT. The problem with BT may be the download capping.
I would be grateful for comments from users of these ISP's, or any other suggestions.

sil_ver 11:58 26 Jul 04

I use Virgin BB, no capping, no contract no problems £25pm

Analyst02 12:09 26 Jul 04

all i ever see is people knocking AOL. I think mainly because of their boring chat rooms if your into to that kinda thing.

But having been with BT, Tiscali and supanet.. i Think @ £19.99 amonth for the 512 BB is great if you consider the extra's you get with it.

Free Modem
Free Firewall
Some of the best parental securities there is.
Free xtras like connection to Skysports BB for a year and loads more.
Free support.
Now they are even doing there own free spyware.

Everything you need all in one package.

Crash 12:20 26 Jul 04

£19.99 is for the 256K package, it is £24.99 for the 512k package. Look at click here for information on an isp that suits your needs, plusnet and pipex seem to be the favourites over there.

old-timer 12:37 26 Jul 04

Good site.. Noticed One-Tel offer broadband and unlimited phone calls for £29.99 p.m. As I was going to pay BT for unlimited calls, this seems like a bargain.

Does anyone have experience of One-Tel broadband, and can you use connect with two machines, using a router.

Crash 13:02 26 Jul 04

If it is the package that suits you best go for it but note that ntl also does this kind of package for £29.99 a month through their freedom broadband although you only get £15 worth of calls. With both packages i'm sure you can connect more that 1 pc as they would be behind a router(the isp can't see how many pc's are connected).

Charence 14:40 26 Jul 04

click here for V21 which have 576 BB costing £19.99/m. I am currently using this one and the customer service is quite good.

I would recommend that you click here for some more ADSL ISPs.

Analyst02 15:47 26 Jul 04

Sorry chap ... Your wrong.

I Have 512k @ £19.99pm

Yes it was priced @ £24.99 when i took mine out, though was given a discount.

I recommend that anybody rings up the ISP before committing to anything as they often do issue discounts.

old-timer 16:15 26 Jul 04

Thanks chaps.. I will investigate and decide just prior to moving.

pj123 17:26 26 Jul 04

I still reckon the AOL package is the best of the lot if cable is not an option.

I have two computers, one is on cable NTL BB and the other is on AOL dialup. I still think Crash is right. I rang AOL and to get the £19.99 package (which is 256kbs) you have to be an already existing AOL dialup member. Not a problem, just sign up for AOL dialup and then upgrade to BB immediately. They have no limits and no capping on any of their BB deals.

bremner 17:30 26 Jul 04

........................whatever you say it still is AOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…