Which ISP?

drdeath 17:09 31 May 04

Hi, i was hoping anyone could advise me a good solid isp server, ive just cancelled my subscribition with aol, as not happy with service, need unmetered, non quick cut off time server!! any thought or suggestions appreciated regards

Fruit Bat 17:28 31 May 04

click here or click here for guidence

pj123 17:32 31 May 04

drdeath. Unfortunately, as far as I am concerned I think you have "cut off your nose to spite your face". As far as unmetered, with no cut off I think AOL is probably the best. I have NTL Broadband and still retain an AOL dialup account on my PC. What was your beef with AOL? For what you are looking for now I think your best bet is Broadband, but at a cost. My BB is with NTL unlimited but costs £25 per month. There are lot's of others at prices varying from £17.99 to £30. All of them have conditions. Some give "free modem and free connection" with a low monthly payment but only at the lowest speed of 128kbps, or are restricted to a few hours per month. Most of them give a good monthly payment but a one-off charge for the modem and connection fee. All as far as I know (except for metronet) are on a 12 month contract. Most of them do not give you an email address either. You might like to reconsider your actions with AOL if you are on dialup.

ste_bla 17:47 31 May 04

I think drdeath (nice name) wants a dial up isp concerdering the dr wants a 'non quick cut off time' and on BB you dont really get cut off..

CurlyWhirly 21:55 31 May 04

I too think you have been a bit hasty as I know AOL has it's faults but unmetered access isn't one of them as I have left my PC online for over 24 hours on a couple of occasions and I wasn't kicked off the network!

keith-236785 07:28 01 Jun 04

click here, free isp (you only pay the phone bill for time spent online), TWO hour cutoof time.for a free service, i use it for a backup to my NTL BB.

there are many others out there, but its just down to trial and error. just avoid Freeserve (or whatever its new name is).

keith-236785 07:32 01 Jun 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…