WHICH INTERNET PACKAGE???????????

mattbell1975 20:45 15 Apr 03

Hi just built my mother in law a comp and am giving it her tommorow the comp well upto what she needs it for , however i live in germany so im not upto speed on which package on which isp is the best.....she wants to go onto the net to surf.....mail.....download however shes getting on a bit and needs to keep the bills down....any ideas shes with bt for phone line at the mo and being the easist option would be her answer to go with them......talking on the phone whilst surfing would be good however i think that the 30 quid per month for broadband would be kicking the arse out of it for her budget.
Help me get some browny points and save her some money....please

graham 20:59 15 Apr 03

Ask your teacher how to spell easist and how to cut down on question marks. It's true a lot of question marks does encourage us to respond to emergencies first, but you have 2 too many.

Also, don't mention your mothers a... , this is a family show.

rct 21:00 15 Apr 03

click here would suit her ideally, various options including a pay as you go, 20hrs/week 8.99 40hrs/week 14.99 and 512K ADSL from 18.99 I've been using them for dial-up for over two years without problems.

mattbell1975 21:17 15 Apr 03

thanks rct and graham although broadband is a lot o fmoney to shell out what about freeserve???

phoenix_one 21:23 15 Apr 03

If your mother could do with a 56k account but wants to keep bills down she should sign up to a pay as you go 56k account like freeserve, MSN etc

To save money with a bt phone line the trick is to add your isp number to the friends/family list. It can save you up to 20%

Works for me!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…