Which HD LCD?

Diala 13:27 25 Mar 06

Hi all

I am considering purchasing a Flat Screen HD LCD, but am not sure which one to buy.

Computer shapper have given the : Samsung 26" LCD-TV LE26R51B, a five star rating, and it looks good.

Although, I have found the: Samsung 26" LCD-TV LE-26M51B, for the same price.

Samsungs web site offers no further info. So any help would be much appreciated.

My budget is £750ish, if theres any thing better out there for the same price plase do let me know, would just like to watch TV & DVDs.

Thanks

Stuartli 13:37 25 Mar 06

As there are only two manufacturers of LCD screens in the world (now three since Sony began producing its own for its new Bravia range), you should concentrate on top brand names, features and prices.

Most outlets have a range of manufacturers' sets on display and it's pretty straightforward to select the one that suits you best.

Diala 16:52 25 Mar 06

Hi..

thanks for your reply.

However, it is these 2 Samsungs that i feel are superior than the rest. But i dont know which one i should buy?

Diala

Stuartli 19:13 25 Mar 06

ARe you sure you have the correct model numbers - they don't seem quite right. Check out:
click here

for descriptions.

This was posted only yesterday:

click here

So it just might be a newer model.

Stuartli 19:14 25 Mar 06

My best mate sells plenty of Samsung LCD TVs in all sizes - he wouldn't do so if they proved unsatisfactory or unreliable.

BRYNIT 21:20 25 Mar 06

From the Samsung web site click here you can find the full specifications for the 26" LCD-TV LE26R51B the 26" LCD-TV LE-26M51B seams to be a miss print.

Stuartli 22:17 25 Mar 06

I think there's one digit that's different and it should read:

Samsung LE26R41B

Stuartli 22:18 25 Mar 06

The Samsung LE26M51B Milano 1 26" LCD TV is the more expensive of the two.

wbiggchiefy 22:34 25 Mar 06

Don't know if you are expecting to use this as a monitor & tv or just a monitor but at the moment I wouldn't even consider a move from my main CRT TV - HD TV is capable of 2.0m pixels and the standard HD"ready"TV only supplies 913000 pixels at present - so when then standard is actually available on all tv channels you would only have half the resolution of the people who had bought up to date sets ... WAIT!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5