Which Graphics Card Is Best for me?

Sticksmith 14:40 13 Oct 06

Hey, i have a PC running on an AMD Duron 1.1 and my computer is about 4ish years old (old i know). But my current graphics are built into my motherboard. was wondering if anyone out there could help me out, am i still able to buy a card or should invest in buying/building a new computer

sil_ver 14:55 13 Oct 06

You'll have problems trying to run the newer games with the spec you have altho' the original Half-Life should run ok. You should be able to buy a graphics card IF you have an AGP slot altho I think you can get them for PCI. I suspect you would need a card that runs on 3.3v as opposed to the modern 1.5v. The amount of memory you have will also be a factor. As it happens I've got a Radeon 64 which is about the vintage you'd be looking for. I don't use it as I've moved on. See what others have to say and if you're interested let me know.

Sticksmith 16:16 13 Oct 06

thanks for your help there. i was possibly just gonne save up and build a new computer hehe. but yeah how much would you wanna sell the card for? bear in mind i'm a poor student! :D lol.

sil_ver 16:23 13 Oct 06

Hadn't give it a lot of thought but if you email me (I think you can use the little envelope icon) I'll see what I can do for you, ok?

malgall 20:03 13 Oct 06

does your computer have agp slot or are you looking for pci slot card

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…