Which Graphics Card Is Best for me?

Sticksmith 14:40 13 Oct 06

Hey, i have a PC running on an AMD Duron 1.1 and my computer is about 4ish years old (old i know). But my current graphics are built into my motherboard. was wondering if anyone out there could help me out, am i still able to buy a card or should invest in buying/building a new computer

sil_ver 14:55 13 Oct 06

You'll have problems trying to run the newer games with the spec you have altho' the original Half-Life should run ok. You should be able to buy a graphics card IF you have an AGP slot altho I think you can get them for PCI. I suspect you would need a card that runs on 3.3v as opposed to the modern 1.5v. The amount of memory you have will also be a factor. As it happens I've got a Radeon 64 which is about the vintage you'd be looking for. I don't use it as I've moved on. See what others have to say and if you're interested let me know.

Sticksmith 16:16 13 Oct 06

thanks for your help there. i was possibly just gonne save up and build a new computer hehe. but yeah how much would you wanna sell the card for? bear in mind i'm a poor student! :D lol.

sil_ver 16:23 13 Oct 06

Hadn't give it a lot of thought but if you email me (I think you can use the little envelope icon) I'll see what I can do for you, ok?

malgall 20:03 13 Oct 06

does your computer have agp slot or are you looking for pci slot card

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5