Which graphics card

mullet 11:12 15 Apr 06

Hi.

I've had some excellent advice from ed-o to upgrade my computer, it is now 1gb ram, AMD 2600 barton, XP, and also intending to fit a graphics card, 32-64mb will cater for my needs. But having looked on the net I wasn't expecting to find so many.

Any advice as to which one? I not interested in TV, just basic gaming.

thanks in advance.
Adam

Totally-braindead 11:26 15 Apr 06

Basic gaming. How basic and how much would you want to spend, what have you got now?

mullet 11:31 15 Apr 06

At the moment I have an onboard 8mb, and I'm only playing the occassional game of Medal of Honor Spearhead and the like. 32mb would be fine but 64mb would obviously broaden my horizons. Money? £20-30

Totally-braindead 12:10 15 Apr 06

I'm not being funny here but I'm very surprised that MOH Spearhead would play on 8mb onboard graphics. That aside what about this click here= or click here or click here I presume you have an AGP slot rather than PCI Express and you never said anything about budget.

Totally-braindead 12:12 15 Apr 06

You did mention budget, sorry. I know the cards are a bit above what you said but they are very good value, the 5600 Ultra for example when it first came out retailed at £150.

mullet 13:50 15 Apr 06

Brilliant ...... I shall go for the 5600 ultra.

Many thanks.

Adam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…