which graphics card

anthonystorey 21:40 03 Jun 05

after looking through previous postings ive decided to buy a radeon 9800 128mb agp graphics card, but when searching the web there is many different variations ive seen a connect 3d for £90 from ebuyer is this any good?,i was prepared to pay a bit more but the price sounds fantastic
also is it easy to fit because ive read it needs its own power supply?
hope this makes sense and thanks in advance.

Totally-braindead 22:21 03 Jun 05

Personally I'd go for this instead click here the sapphire card is definatly one of the best, I don't know if connect is a good make or not and yes you need a seperate power connector as well as the juice it gets from the AGP port it should come with a connector so you can connect it up to your hard drive power connector. The only problem you might have is if your power supply can't supply enough power but to be honest you will have the same problem with most good spec AGP graphics cards as they all require a seperate power connector as well. I've got a MSI GeForce 5900 and it has a seperate power supply same as the 9800 has. By the way this is the Lite edition, exactly the same as the full card only difference is it doesn't come with the games bundle. Hence the good price.

User-312386 23:07 03 Jun 05

Same card cheaper from here click here

anthonystorey 16:11 04 Jun 05

thanks guys the sapphire is on its way(or so they tell me)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…