Which graphics card

TC27 16:25 07 Mar 05

My sister's pc motherboard is Intel, D815EEA2 & processor - Celeron 800 mhz. The pc is using the onboard graphics that are not very good. The picture always has a slight gudder, no matter what I do (checked bios, new drivers, etc). Hence it is that we would like to find a new graphics card (it has never had one) as there is an AGP type slot available. Please can anyone recommend a reasonable 3D performer that isn't very expensive?

Would appreciate any help anyone may try to give.

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

TomJerry 17:17 07 Mar 05

but ATI 9600 is current value for money model I think

£56.22 Sapphire Radeon 9600 APG x8 128MB DDR DVI-I TV-Out click here

cheaper one 9600se or 9550, can be bought from ebuyer (not ebay) cheaperly

if you want really checp one (reasonable performance for girl games) ATI9200SE £28.99 click here, or 9250 £29.88 Radeon 9250 128mb Ddr - Agp8x Dvi/tvo click here

TC27 08:18 08 Mar 05

Thank you very much for your guidance, TomJerry.It is very kind of you to respond.
I will take all of what you said on board & see which best suits her purpose & pocket.

This is great news.

TC27 09:32 19 Mar 05

Thank you very much. The graphics card advice put me in the right direction. Got a card which works great & the monitor is working fine - used 'Flimmer' to test these.
Still got some small shake in graphics. Reckon most likely then to be a chip on motherboard failing. All is too obsolete/old to make it worthwhile upgrading any further. Intel do not even support that particular board anymore. Still, every little helps & now my sister is going to keep it running as long as she can presently. (In accordance with cash flow - usual stuff)!

TC27 09:53 24 Mar 05

Must add that I uncovered a little more advice. Since installation of the new agp graphics card, I updated the drivers for this, for the monitor, for the pci bridge, processor & processor to agp control. Her graphics are WONDERFULLY better now! Great!

- Thanks for everyone's advice here in the PCA forums.... very helpful - as always.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…